Random Harvest

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's not only the title of one of my favorite classic movies it's also the bounty I collected this weekend at a stumbled-upon garage sale. 
It was like a Pandora's box...the more I dug through boxes, the more I came home with. 
She said her uncle had died and had left her the house and it's contents...all of which she didn't want and did I mention the uncle was a hoarder...and did I mention that he had lived there for over 50 years?  
I was in heaven and was drunk with avarice and greed and found myself scouling at the next person to come walking up the drive as I was taking ownership of everything in those boxes in that garage...

Here some pics of  just a few of the wonderful things I found...if you are into the same random vintage stuff that I am, then have fun looking and remember...I stuffed two full loads into my car for only 20 bux total...SCORE!

 Mint Horsehead TV lamp


 Vintage gravel and relief wall art 36" long...huge and yummy!

 Gleaming chrome Super Chef broiler/rotisserie oven

 pretty plastic palm...so midmod!

 Super shag-a-delic feather flower tree in orange and avocado...sweet!

 Mint green glass decanter and flute set

 and speaking of vintage bar goodies...love, love, love this rolling bar and music box

 the most amazing Thin Line Sunbeam Self Lowering toaster which proudly serves up toast every morning in my kitchen now

 There was boxes and boxes of vintage linens...here is just a sampling of what I got...

 aprons...

 wonderful hand embroidered dish towels that were lovingly starched and pressed and stored in cedar...

 so precious and way too darlin' to use...

 I love the "task" towels.


 The whole set...simply divine!

 The detail on these pillowcases are wonderful and all hand stitched.

I have so much more to show ya, but simply am not able to share in a single post. 
Should I do a part two?

Hope you like Rag & Bone even tho it's not old school...It has become mine and Frankie's anthem!

9 of you say...:

Denise said...

Oh definitely we need a part II! and love Rag and Bone.

Uncle Atom said...

Nice haul, I'm loving that horse lamp.

Zootsuitmama said...

Love the tunes and LOVE everything about the post...your lucky stars were shinin'on you! When this kind of thing happens it's so amazing! Finding all that in one place is so dreamy! Zootsuitmama
ps...PART 2 PLEASE!

SusieQT said...

Oh how lovely! I'm glad all those treasures went to such a good home! Once in a while I find sales like that- it makes stopping at all the lousy ones worthwhile.

The Vintage Housewife... said...

oh my oh my kitten you were one lucky cat!!! wow missy you rock at estate sales...i've gotta come along real soon...how was bike ridin' the other night...hope you all had fun..huggs to you and frankie...cat

Vintage Coconut said...

Holy heck you hit the motherload!! =) I love all of it!

Zizzi said...

I LOVE it! In sweden it is not so common with garage-sales. Unfortunately...

Vintage JoAnn said...

WOW- you really scored! I live for those kind of sales.

Zootsuitmama said...

gave you a Stylish Blog Award!! You know what to do! Link to my blog and send four awards to the blogs you like best! Then, post seven things about yourself on your blog!!