All The Ice Cream That You Want...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010


I'm not sure he's buying it or not, but that's what we have been telling Levi for the last couple of weeks. 
Poor guy has to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. 

But, as luck would have it we ran across a wonderful vintage resource at the
Rose Bowl Flea Market
a few weeks ago. 


It's a children's Wonder Book titled:
A Visit To The Hospital 


Levi can't get enough of it, he want's to be read this darling story over and over, several times a day...which is great because it's preparing him for "the operation". 


He especially loves the balloon part, which I don't think they actually do anymore, but that's OK 'cause it keeps him focused on a not so scary part of "the operation". 


Levi can't wait to get to the ice cream part and quotes the story back to me several times during our days together. 


I really enjoy the cute images in vintage kiddie books and the simple stories are really fun to read together.


These wonderful glimpses into our past are also a great resource for us gals who love to model these same ideals in our homes today. 


I love how our Heavenly Father let's us find little random things like this to make our way easier when it comes to the scary stuff of life.

15 of you say...:

Diane Mars said...

I am so glad you stopped by my Blog and left a comment, that way I could find you again, and add your darling Blog to the ones I love! I am now a follower. I think your home should be featured in some magazines, it is just darling. You sure brought a smile to my face today. Wishing Levi a quick recovery!
Hugs, Diane

Tanya Murray said...

I remember this book well. I think it explains so perfectly and sensibly for children. I remember it at the time there was also a TV show on called ? Dr Marcus Welby MD. It would be interesting to see a flashback of that too.

Jennilee said...

What a wonderful find for you and your family! I'm sure his operation will go very smoothly!

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh he's just the sweetest little guy, precious with that blonde hair. He'll be fine! I will definitely keep him in my prayers. I too remember that book. I love the Golden Book illustrations from back then. I'm looking for one called, "We help Mommy". Zootsuitmama

Maggi said...

Awwww, poor Levi! What a cutie and what awesome timing to find this book! I'm glad he's enjoyed it and that it gave him some comfort. I hope his surgery goes smoothly!

BombshellShocked said...

What an amazing find! Hopefully it will help him relax and get through the experience as quickly and easily as possible!

SusieQT said...

What a serendipitous find! That's a great way to help him get ready. My kids love vintage childrens' books more than modern books- I think they can relate better!

Jenny Cross said...

What an adorable idea!

Frankie's Wife said...

Thanks Girls for your warm comments and concern.
I will let Levi know that Mommy's Blog Friends wish him well.

Laura said...

Poor little guy. ;(
Well at least it will all be over with soon enough.
I too wish him well.

What an awesome book! Wonderful find. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Beth said...

Aww. That book is so cute. My twins are on the Autistic spectrum so their teachers send them home with all sorts of hygene books and manners books with wacky stick figures with freaky cut outs of their heads on the them- this is so much cuter.

Veggie Mama said...

I love your blog! It always makes me envious of your kitchen :)

I've given you an award... here's the link:
http://www.theveggiemama.com/2010/04/sunshine-award.html

LindaP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LindaP said...

Pray Levi's surgery is uneventful today, he is such a sweet and cute boy.

Mary said...

Sending Get Well Wishes to Levi, when he has his surgery. What a cute little guy he is. I adore the book. And it's oh so true the Lord allows things to come into our lives to make things much easier.We serve an awesome God!